CRICOS CODE 108195J
This qualification reflects the role of real estate principals who apply knowledge of property agency and compliance requirements, ethical standards and consumer preferences to establish and control real estate functions.
This qualification applies to residential or commercial practice in real estate sales, real estate property management, strata management, business broking, stock and station, or auctioneering.
Staff who hold this qualification are responsible and accountable for the work of others and are engaged with:
- understanding business systems, structures, property agency practices and business entities
- understanding legal and ethical frameworks for property agency operations
- developing systems, procedures and protocols for managing property agency functions
- establishing and controlling trust accounts and property agency business finances
- coordinating ethics, risk and consumer protection systems to meet industry legal and customer expectations and requirements
- developing and maintaining knowledge of industry trends
- developing and maintaining relationships with lessors, tenants, vendors and buyers, buyers’ agents
- establishing and implementing strategic business plans and operational plans
- establishing and implementing agency and individual branding
- leading and managing people, including recruitment, induction, coaching and mentoring for teams and individuals
- managing work health and safety (WHS) risk to ensure a safe working environment in the real estate industry
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. However, substantial work experience would be highly regarded. It is recommended that individuals should:
- be 18 years or older; and
- Have completed Year 12 or its equivalent with suitable English language skills.
- International Students are also required to have an English ability at the IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
- Real Estate Agency Principal
- Strata Management Principal
- Agency Manager
- Agency Director
The course is designed to be completed within 52 weeks, but students with prior industry experience or knowledge can complete the course earlier.
7 Core Units
CPPREP5001 Manage compliance in the property industry
CPPREP5002 Establish and monitor property industry trust account management practices
CPPREP5003 Manage ethical practice in the property industry
CPPREP5004 Manage a safe workplace in the property industry
CPPREP5005 Manage teams in the property industry
CPPREP5006 Manage operational finances in the property industry
CPPREP5007 Develop a strategic business plan in the property industry
5 Elective Units
CPPREP5010 Manage customer service activities in the property industry
BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
BSBLDR602 Provide leadership across the organisation
BSBMKG543 Plan and interpret market research
BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans